Updated Date – 2023.08.13
In this guide, we are going to talk about how to Reset a Firestick without a remote or Wifi
Without a functional remote or a reliable Wi-Fi connection, you won’t be able to reset your Firestick. The app is one technique; however, it also uses Wi-Fi. You may try using your regular TV remote to control the Firestick.
You may link your standard remote with the Firestick using HDMI-CEC technology. However, such an option is only accessible on a limited number of televisions.
You may try power cycling your Firestick a few times to see if it begins to operate more quickly. If you don’t want to purchase an additional Firestick remote, you may try borrowing one from a friend.
Table of Contents
1. Reset your Amazon Fire Stick Without a Remote
If you don’t have the remote to choose choices on your Firestick, you may use the Firestick mobile app to reset it.
To understand more about this strategy, follow the steps below:
- Go to your app store (Android or Apple), download the Firestick app, and then join it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Firestick device.
- Open the app and pick the name of your Firestick device to connect to. Your TV will display a four-digit code if you’ve selected the proper device.
- The app will urge you to enter the code from your television. Enter it and complete the connection setup.
- In the app, go to the “settings” tab. On the next page that appears, choose your device.
- From this new list of choices, choose “Factory Reset.”
- To complete the resetting procedure, choose “confirm” on the app. Resetting the Firestick will take a few minutes.
2. How Do I Manually Reset My Firestick?
- Make sure your TV and Fire Stick are both switched on.
- Hold the Back and Right directional buttons for 10 seconds.
- A pop-up notification will appear, requesting that you Reset your device. Reset the computer and wait a few minutes for it to finish. During this time, you should keep your device connected.
3. Reset the Fire TV Stick using an Echo device.
This process requires your TV to be paired with an Echo device. If paired like that you can execute the command we give below.
You give this command to Alexa.
First, give the command “Alexa“. Go to Menu > Select My Fire TV > Find Devices > Select Firestick > Go to Factory reset Default > Confirm “Reset”.
This process is easiest if you have an Echo device.
4. How to Reset Firestick Using Amazon Fire TV App
1. Get the Amazon Fire TV app on your phone or tablet.
The Amazon Fire TV app enhances the usefulness and pleasure of the Amazon Fire Stick.
This is a good substitute if you’ve misplaced your Amazon Fire Stick remote or are too lazy to get it.
The following are some of the features of the app:
- Search by Voice
- Entry with a keyboard
- Controls for playback
- Support for Fire TV Recast
- Menus, applications, and games are all easily accessible.
- Navigation is simple.
The Amazon Fire TV app is available for Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Make sure your Amazon Fire TV app is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Amazon Fire Stick.
Then, in the Amazon Fire TV app, pick the name of your Amazon Fire Stick to begin a connection.
3. A four-digit code will display on your Amazon Fire Stick TV screen.
Paste the code into the Fire TV app on your device.
You may then navigate to the settings and pick the Reset Amazon Fire Stick TV option using the app’s easy navigation tool.
5. Reset Fire TV using the TV remote
Even if you don’t have Fire TV Remote, you can reset Fire TV Stick using your TV remote.
HDMI-CEC needs to be enabled before performing this process.
Most TVs have this enabled by default. If not, follow the steps below.
First, go to the menu and go to settings.
After that find HDMI-CEC option and enable it.
After activating it, your TV remote will act as a Fire TV remote control.
Now you can control Fire TV Stick with your TV remote. You can reset using this.
6. Reset the Fire Stick using a mouse. (Wired or Wireless)
The Amazon Fire TV allows customers to interact with your app using a USB or Bluetooth-connected mouse. A mouse can also overrule most input instructions, making it suitable in this situation.
It’ll still use the same point-and-click interface as a PC. Furthermore, the mouse cursor shows on the screen by default as a large circle, and although navigating may look complicated at first, don’t worry; you’ll get the hang of it quickly.
* Plugin your laptop
Without a remote, you may connect to your Amazon Fire Stick more sophisticatedly. As a result, if you have a laptop, you can follow along with this challenging solution.
Above all, we will make it as simple to follow as possible.
7. How to Reset Firestick Using a Laptop
Adblink allows you to connect any Android smartphone to your laptop. It can also handle Linux Kodi addons, giving it a versatile control panel for your Amazon Fire Stick TV.
- Plug your certified Amazon Fire Stick USB cord into a USB port on your laptop.
- Make sure you’re using an approved USB cable or the one that came with your Amazon Fire Stick. In this strategy, using a third-party USB cable might have varied outcomes.
- On Adblink, choose the remote option. This is how you’ll use your Amazon Fire Stick TV to navigate.
- To browse, use the left, right, and select buttons on your laptop’s screen.
- Select the “Full Screen” option under the Tools menu in the Adblink program. This will allow you to view the Amazon Fire Stick’s home screen and begin the navigating process.
How to Reset an Amazon Fire TV Stick
Note: If your remote has lost connection with your Fire TV Stick, follow our step-by-step tutorial to pair it with your Fire Stick manually.
- On your Fire TV Stick Remote, press the Home button.
- Following that, go to Settings. Maintain control of your remote by pressing and holding the right directional button until the right-hand gear icon is illuminated. Then, using the down directional button on your remote, go to the settings menu.
If you’re using an older version of Fire OS, the top-right corner of your screen will display Settings. Then all of the stages after that will be substantially similar. Alternatively, you may follow our step-by-step instructions for updating your Fire TV Stick.
To restore factory settings on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, click the Home button on your remote and choose Settings. Then go to My Fire TV, scroll down to Reset to Factory Defaults, and click it. Finally, when the pop-up message displays, click Reset.
- Select My Fire TV from the drop-down menu. If you have an earlier Fire TV Stick, this will also be labeled as Device or System.
- Next, choose Reset to Factory Defaults from the drop-down menu. If you’re prompted for your PIN, enter it.
- Finally, press the Reset button. And also, the device will then be reset to factory settings, and you will be alerted. Then, allow a few minutes to complete, and don’t disconnect the device. If the power goes out while the procedure is in progress, you may have to restart it from the beginning.
Your device will immediately restart when reset as if you were setting it up for the first time. It will then optimize your system’s storage and programs on its own. The gadget will restart when this is completed.
It may be pretty stressful if you can’t locate your Amazon Fire Stick TV remote, let alone deal with a more significant issue requiring a factory reset of your Amazon Fire Stick. The strategies listed above should get you through in a reasonable amount of time. Finally, we hope that this article assisted you in factory resetting your Amazon Fire Stick without the need for remote control.