In this guide, we are going to talk about How to Watch YouTube On Non-Smart TV
It’s effortless to view YouTube on a non-smart TV if you have a laptop. Connect your laptop to your old TV using the appropriate connection.
What is the best cable to use? If your old TV and laptop have HDMI ports, an HDMI cable could be the best option. So, check whether your laptop and old TV both have HDMI ports.
Alternatively, after you’ve established the connection between your laptop and the old TV, you may view YouTube on an old TV with an HDMI port using a smartphone.
You may pick between a wireless or a cable connection when it comes to connection setup.
How to use Chromecast to view YouTube videos on a non-smart TV
A PC with HDMI or VGA is required. Connect the PC to the television. Take advantage of a wireless mouse and keyboard.
You may also connect your phone to the TV using USB c to HDMI (or micro USB to HDMI) adapters. To operate it, you may connect a wireless mouse once again. Check to see whether your phone is capable of video output.
Purchasing a Chromecast is the best solution. It’s a little gadget that connects to the HDMI connector on your television. You may now view YouTube on your phone by connecting it wirelessly to your TV.
Setup Chromecast on TV
Step 1: Connect your Chromecast device to your TV.
- Connect Chromecast to your television.
- Connect your Chromecast to the USB power cord.
- Plug the USB power cable’s other end into the power adapter, then into a wall socket.
Note: Only use the AC adapter that comes with the package.
Step 2: Get the Google Home app on your phone.
Install the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
Step 3: Configure Chromecast
Use these basic Chromecast setup instructions to get started.
Step 4: Broadcast the material
Learn how to cast from Chrome to your TV or Chromecast-enabled applications to your TV.
Note: If your device restarts during the casting process, try casting your content again.
How to Cast YouTube
- A smartphone with Android 4.4 (KitKat) or above.
- A device that has been configured to accept Google Cast connections:
- Chromecast-enabled television
Your mobile device and the receiving device must be linked to the same home network, either by Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Launch the YouTube application.
- Select the Cast option. (It’s in the top right corner.)
- From the list that displays, choose the device you want to deliver your YouTube material.
- Choose a video.
- Press the Play button.
- The video you choose should now play on the device connected to the previous TV.
How to use Roku to view YouTube videos on a non-smart TV
You may wish to install YouTube on your streaming device, regardless of what streaming device you use to view your favorite videos. If you have a Roku device, all you have to do is download the official YouTube channel, and you’re set to go.
The official YouTube channel is free to subscribe to. To view YouTube on Roku, all you need is an internet connection.
The first step in using YouTube on your Roku is to add the YouTube channel on your Roku device. This may be accomplished in two ways.
2.1 YouTube may be added directly from the Roku device.
- To access Roku’s primary interface, press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- On the Roku Home page, choose the Add Channels option.
- From the left-hand sidebar, choose the Web Video channel category. Then, in the right pane, pick YouTube.
- On the YouTube channel screen, choose Add channel.
- Wait for the channel to be added to your Roku device. This shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
- When YouTube is added to your Roku, a Channel added notice would show. In this notice box, choose OK to dismiss it.
2.2.From the Roku website, add YouTube.
- Go to the Roku website using a web browser on your computer.
- Continue by entering your Roku account login information.
- Hover your cursor over the user symbol in the Roku site’s top-right corner. Then, from the menu, choose Channel shop.
- On the Channel shop page that appears, choose Web Video from the top-level categories. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose YouTube.
- On the YouTube box, click Add channel.
- To proceed, enter your Roku account’s username and password.
- The Add channel button should be greyed out, indicating that the channel was successfully added to your Roku device.
How to watch youtube Videos on non-smart tv Using Firestick
Because of a fallout between Google and Amazon early year, the YouTube FireStick software had to be pulled from the Amazon Store. However, the two digital behemoths have reached an agreement, and YouTube is now accessible on the Amazon Store.
If you have an unauthorized, third-party version of YouTube installed on your FireStick, uninstall it first before installing the official version.
But if you have a Firestick device, you can cast using it.
It lets you stream YouTube to your non-smart TV on your phone.
Composite video inputs and potentially S-Video inputs are found on older televisions that are excellent enough to warrant your attention. RGB component inputs may be available on a more expensive model. TVs with RGB ports that can support resolutions greater than 480i are available at the very top end.
The easiest way to enable or disable subtitles on Peacock TV
Best Way To Connect Alexa To Non-Smart TV
2 Ways to Connect Google Home Mini To Sony Android TV