In this guide, we are going to talk about How to Install and Cast Now TV on Google TV
Sky, a British satellite television service provider, offers Now TV, a media streaming service. However, it is now only accessible in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, and Italy. Like other streaming services, TV offers its subscribers content via a subscription plan. The Now boxes enable you to download more material in applications. BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, UKTV Play, Netflix, Disney+, and YouTube are among the other streaming options under Now TV. Android devices, iOS 8 and later smartphones, Amazon Firestick, Xbox, Apple TV, and Chromecast are all supported with the Now TV app. Let’s look at how to set up Now TV on Google TV.
Google TV is an Android-based interface for Chromecast and other similar devices. Significantly, this feature brings together material from many media streams in one spot, making it easier to stream. It also analyzes your favorite programs and viewing habits to suggest new material. Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Peacock, Disney +, and more streaming services are available to consumers.
How To Sideload Now TV On Google TV Using Downloader
The Downloader application is required to install Now TV. It may be installed by simply following the procedures outlined below.
- ‘Google Play Store’ may be accessed from the home screen of your television.
- Click on the search box and type in ‘Downloader’ or ‘AFTV News’ to find what you’re looking for.
- Following that, from the search results, pick Downloader by AFTV news.
- Select ‘Install’ and then sit back and wait for the installation procedure to be completed.
- Now, return to your home screen and pick the Settings option from the menu.
- After that, choose ‘Device Preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- ‘Security and Restrictions’ should be selected, and then the ‘Unknown Sources’ option should be selected.
- After that, locate and pick the Downloader application.
- Finally, using the Downloader software, you will sideload applications on your smartphone.
Sideloading Now TV on Google TV
We installed Downloader on your TV using the instructions outlined above. All we have to do now is sideload Now TV.
- To begin, launch the Downloader app on your Google TV and choose ‘Allow’ from the pop-up menu.
- Then, to download the app, input the Now TV download URL and choose the ‘Go’ option. (https://bit.ly/3qwOiy6)
- Select the Download APK option on the following page to install the Now TV APK on your machine.
- Install the app on your TV once you’ve downloaded it.
- To start Now TV, choose the ‘Open’ option. Finally, login in with your Google TV credentials and start streaming.
How To Cast Now TV Using Android/iPhone Smartphone
Especially, this is a different technique than the one previously covered in this article. TV may now be viewed on a television set thanks to screencasting. Let’s take a closer look at it.
- Connect your smartphone and the Chromecast with Google TV device to the same Wi-Fi network to get the most out of your experience.
- Next, download and install the Now TV app on your Android or iOS smartphone from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, respectively.
- Sign in to the Now TV app by opening it and pressing the Sign in button.
- Now, click on the ‘Cast symbol’ to begin casting at the top of the screen.
- Finally, choose your device from the list of available options and begin casting the Now TV application.
The Now TV programming may be accessed and enjoyed using any of the ways stated above, which are compatible with Chromecast and Google TV. But only in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, and Italy are these materials accessible for purchase. On the other hand, others will have to employ a virtual private network (VPN) to access these materials.
What Are The Features Available On NOW TV?
Answers to some frequently asked questions concerning the features that are currently accessible on NOW may be found below:
Can I view Bonus Streams and utilize Red Button services?
Do you have a Sports Membership and one of the following devices? Bonus Streams allow you to watch additional channels for specified sporting events, such as additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control, using your internet browser.
- Amazon Fire TV Edition – all devices that are supported
- Smart TVs from LG and Samsung are all supported models.
- Amazon Fire TV – 2nd generation (2015), 3rd generation (2016) (2017)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick – 2nd and 3rd generation, 4K, Lite, and Basic editions are available.
- Apple TV (fourth generation or later)
- Smart Stick or Box is now available.
- Roku boxes and other streaming devices
- You can see the box by clicking on it.
- PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S
The Bonus Stream option will appear at the bottom of the home screen of your NOW app when one is available to you. Make no mistake about it: If no Bonus Streams are visible right now, they will emerge automatically when the event begins on July 1.
With a Sports Day or Mobile Membership, you will not view Bonus Streams. Bonus Streams do not have any of the NOW Boost features, such as full HD and 50 frames per second, accessible on other streams.
Other interactive services are also available. If you have a NOW Smart Box with Freeview, you can access Red Button and interactive services on live BBC channels. Just press the red button on your NOW remote control to get started. (If your NOW remote does not include a red button, you may still access interactive services via your NOW Smart Box by pressing the star (*) button on your remote.
Can I watch with subtitles?
With the Cinema Membership and the Entertainment Membership, subtitles are accessible for selecting on-demand movies and television series.
Is it possible to store movies or television programs to watch later?
Yes – choose to Add to My TV to add a program to your Watchlist, where you can discover it later and watch it whenever you want.
Is it possible to download shows to view them later on my computer?
Absolutely. You can download most episodes and movies from your NOW Entertainment, Cinema, and hayu Membership to view them later on your iOS or Android device. At the same time, you’re not connected to the internet, whether you’re on the move or relaxing on vacation. It is also possible to download and watch certain events and programs from the Sports Membership on your computer or mobile device; search for the download button on the program information screen.
Is it possible to get Freeview channels on right now?
There are no Freeview stations available with a NOW Membership; instead, you will have access to just paid TV channels and on-demand movies or programs. Do you have a NOW Smart Box with Freeview on your TV? Connect your Smart Box to your television aerial to get Freeview channels on your television.
Is it possible to prevent younger people from seeing age-restricted movies and television shows?
Yes, it is possible. It’s as simple as turning on your Parental PIN and selecting whatever age ratings you wish to apply. To view most live channels with the NOW Cinema Membership and select live channels with the Entertainment Membership, the parent must provide a Parental PIN.
Is it possible to prevent anyone from updating my membership information using my stored card?
If you wish friends or family members to use your NOW account without joining additional membership types or purchasing any other items using your stored card data, make sure your Payment PIN is enabled in your account settings.
Is it possible to use my NOW Smart Stick or Box to access the internet?
You will not access the internet using the NOW Smart Stick or Box. You can stream anything available on your NOW Membership using your NOW device. You can also connect to many applications via your Box and Smart Stick, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube, among many more.
Is it possible to watch sporting events on Sky Box Office?
If you have a NOW Smart Stick or Box, you can use the Sky Sports Box Office app to watch Sky Sports Box Office events, such as boxing and WWE events, on your TV.
Is Now TV available on Google TV?
In addition to providing access to Sky channels and other box contents with attractive subscription options, Google TV now provides access to TV programming.
Is it possible to watch Now TV on Chromecast?
Yes, Now TV can be accessed on Chromecast via the use of Android and iOS devices and by sideloading the Now TV app.
If you are not interested in sideloading applications, you may cast NOW TV material from your smartphone or PC to your television. Please see our dedicated tutorial to learn how to cast Now TV to your Google TV.
According to the developer, it is expected that NOW TV will be available on the newly unveiled Google streaming gadget shortly.