In this guide, we are going to talk about How to Install Vimeo on Roku Streaming Devices
YouTube is the finest when it comes to video-sharing applications and platforms. Vimeo, on the other hand, is the best professional video-sharing site. Vimeo has a lot of customization choices that YouTube doesn’t have. Only professionals use the app since it is a subscription-based platform. Vimeo is compatible with all Roku device models. You must purchase a Roku subscription to use the Vimeo app, which begins at $7 per month. Vimeo also offers a free plan with certain restrictions, such as a weekly limit of 500 MB of video usage. You can quickly install the Vimeo app since it is accessible on the Roku Channel Store.
How To Add Vimeo On Roku Channel Store
- Connect the Roku device to the TV’s HDMI connector and turn it on.
- Connect to the internet and hit the remote’s home button.
- From the home screen’s menu, choose Streaming Channels.
- Scroll down to Search Channels in the Roku Channel Store.
- In the search box, type Vimeo and choose from the results.
- To install Vimeo on Roku, go to Add Channel and choose Vimeo.
- To open the Vimeo app, choose OK in the popup and go to the channel.
- Click Sign In and enter your account’s Email Address and Password.
- Choose the videos you want to watch and watch them on Roku.
You may also use your Facebook, Google, or Apple account to log in. Installing Vimeo on Roku allows you to watch the greatest videos on your TV and share them with friends and family. Roku may also be used to view live streaming videos. As a result, Vimeo is the ideal software for nonstop video viewing without advertisements. There’s also the opportunity to purchase or rent premium videos. Stream videos from Vimeo and enjoy them with your friends and family on the big screen.
How to Watch Vimeo Videos on Roku
- To upload a movie to Vimeo, follow these steps:
- Go to your Vimeo account and sign in.
- To add a video, click the Upload a Video option.
- Select a video to upload by clicking the Choose a Video to Upload option.
- Choose the video from your local computer that you want to upload.
- Select your videos and click the green Upload Selected Videos button. The process of uploading will begin.
- Allow for the uploading procedure to finish.
Get your Vimeo Access Token and save it somewhere safe. For each Roku channel, this has to be done once:
- Visit developer.vimeo.com to access the Vimeo Developer website.
- Near the top of the page, you should click My Apps.
- Near the top of the page, click the blue + Create an app button.
- Enter a name for your apps, such as the name of your channel or a grid row in the channel.
- Enter a description for the app, such as “Roku Access Token.”
- I agree. The checkbox should be checked (clicked).
- To create an app, click the blue Create App icon.
- Scroll down to the “Authentication” section on the following page.
- The Authenticated (you) checkbox should be checked (clicked). Additional checkboxes will appear as a result of this.
The Private option should be checked (clicked).
- The Video Files option should be checked (clicked).
- Select Generate from the drop-down menu.
- It will show the new 32-character access token. Please keep track of the token; you’ll need it later. The token is only shown for this period; you’ll have to produce a new one if you lose it.
- Navigate to the “Keys & CDNs” tab for the Roku channel to which you want to add the Vimeo movie or playlist in your Instant TV Channel account.
- In the Vimeo Access Token option, enter the 32-character Vimeo access token.
How To Cast Vimeo Videos On Roku
- The Vimeo app has a Cast icon that may be used to cast video files to any casting device. You may cast the Vimeo app from your smartphone to Roku by selecting the cast icon.
- Before proceeding, navigate Settings –> System –> Screen Mirroring –> Screen Mirroring mode –> Always Allow on your Roku. Join the same WiFi network as Roku using your smartphone.
- Install the Vimeo app from the Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
- Sign in with your Vimeo account and open the app on your smartphone.
- On the app, you may watch any video.
- Tap the Cast icon on the playback screen. (This requires the Roku device and phone to be connected to the same Wifi network.)
- Tap the AirPlay icon on iOS.
- The casting devices list will show. Select a Roku device.
- The video is now playing on your Roku.
Install the Vimeo app on your Roku device, and you’ll be able to view all of the professional videos. Using the Cast or AirPlay icon on your smartphone, cast the Vimeo app. To gain unlimited access, get a Vimeo membership.
How To Cast Vimeo on Roku using Android/ iPhone
You may cast films on your AirPlay or Chromecast-enabled TV or TV device using the Vimeo app for iPhone or Android mobile devices.
To AirPlay a video from the Vimeo app for iOS to an Apple TV or other AirPlay-enabled device, you must first start playing a video in the iOS Vimeo app.
Then swipe your iPhone from bottom to top and tap the Airplay button. You will then be shown a list of devices. (Your Roku device and iPhone must be connected to the same network to display that device list.)
Viewers on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS may now AirPlay movies from the Safari browser. To do so, go to the Vimeo Player’s AirPlay icon and choose your selected device.
Here, to cast a video to a Google Chromecast device or an Android TV device with a built-in Chromecast, start playing a video in the iOS or Android app, tap the Chromecast icon, and choose your device.
Advantages Of Vimeo
- You are in charge of your video. It is not possible to download the video.
- Your video will always be at the highest possible quality. This is independent of the platform or the viewer. This ensures that the viewer has the best possible experience.
- Vimeo provides a plethora of customization choices for the video player. This makes embedding the movie on your website much simpler. The video player may be customized to match the look and feel of your website; consider using your colors for buttons and other elements.
- There are many fewer advertisements than on YouTube. This results in a clean layout that is devoid of interactive connections. Your video is the center of attention. There’s a better probability that people will watch your video all the way through.
- Specially, you may protect your video with a password. You may then share the movie with a specific group.
- The Vimeo audience is kind and professional. You get a small number of unpleasant remarks, which may still happen on YouTube. This guarantees that you have a better engagement with your target audience.
Is Vimeo available on Roku?
Yes, you certainly can. The app may be downloaded from the Roku Channel Store and installed on any Roku device.
Is Vimeo a free service?
Yes, Vimeo is free to use, although a monthly bandwidth cap of 500 MB. You must purchase a membership to have unlimited access.
How can I use Vimeo to cast?
You may transmit any video from Vimeo using the Cast or AirPlay icon.
Vimeo is a popular video streaming service that lets you view, post, create, and share media content without dealing with advertisements. It enables you to stream movies in high-resolution formats such as 4k and Ultra HD. It has a variety of genres, including Animation, Documentaries, Travel, and others. You may like and add videos to your view. Later, listen to watch them when you have time. Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast are all supported by the Vimeo app. If you have a Roku device, you may download the Vimeo app for free from the Roku Channel Store.