Updated Date: 2023.03.11
In this guide, we are going to talk about How to download apps on Philips Smart TV
If you have a Philips smart TV, some of them may not have the apps you need. And you may find it difficult to add, update, or find apps there. Philips smart TV comes with several apps but you may not have the essential apps.
You can also get some new apps thereby updating the Philips smart TV. But that is not the solution. So below is how to add applications for Philips smart TV.
Here we will show you some ways to download apps for Philips Smart TV. But depending on your TV model, OS, etc., you can not tell which of these methods is best for your TV, so read a few methods and choose the one that best suits your Philips TV.
How to download apps from the Philips app store
In this guide, we will talk about three ways to add applications to a Philips smart TV. Below is how to add apps from the Philips Smart TV App Store.
1 .The first thing to do is press the Home button using your remote.
2. Now go to its Philips App Store
3. Now find the app you want to download there
4. Go to the application you want and press the Install button and select OK. The app will appear on your screen shortly. Now you can use it.
How To Download Philips TV Apps From Google Play Store
In addition to the Philips Store, there are also Philips smart TVs that run Android on the Google Play Store. Follow the steps below to download apps from the Google Play Store.
If you want to download the app from the Google Play Store, you must first log in to your Google Account when you go to the Google Play Store. Then follow the steps below.
- First, go to the home page using your remote.
- Now go to its google play store
- Now search for the application you want to add and go to the desired application and click Install. After a while, you can download and see the app on the home page.
How To Download Apps on Roku Philips Smart TV
Below is how to download apps on Roku running Philips smart TV.
- The first thing to do is turn on the TV and go home screen.
- Then go to Streaming Channels.
- The third step is to search for your application from the search menu. Find it and select that app or channel. (The app you are looking for may not be here and if you do not have the app you are looking for you can use the casting method.)
- Now go to the selected application and install it. You will then see the application on the Home screen. Go into it and you can use it.
Adding apps to Philips Smart TV from external sources
For this, you need your mobile phone. You first need to go to the Google Play Store on your mobile phone, search for ES File Explore and download the app on your mobile phone. Download and install the Apk Dile below.
Then you need to connect your Philips smart TV and your mobile phone to the same wifi network. Once it is confirmed, follow the steps below.
- First of all, run the ES File Explorer app on your phone and go to the menu in the top left corner.
- Now scroll down through its water and click smart tv.
- Now it shows your Philips smart TV. Click on it and connect.
Now you can install ES File Explorer on your Philips Smart TV through ES File Explorer. Once installed, you can use any application on the TV that is not available in the Philips Store.
3 ways to install third-party apps on a Samsung Smart TV
How to Download Hulu on Philips Smart TV
4 Ways to Cast & Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
Popular Apps for Philips Smart TV
YouTube – Popular video-sharing platform with a variety of content including music videos, tutorials, and more.
Hulu – Streaming service offering a mix of current and classic TV shows, movies, and original content.
Disney+ – Streaming service featuring content from Disney, National Geographic, Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel.
HBO Max – Streaming service featuring a wide range of movies and TV shows, including original content from HBO.
Spotify – Music streaming service with a large library of songs and podcasts.
Sling TV – Live TV streaming service that offers a variety of channels and programming options.
Problems you may have
Where is the app store on Philips Smart TV?
There are app stores for Philips smart tv that vary on different operating systems. The typical smart TV app store can be found on the Home Screen. This also applies to Philips smart TVs.
You’ll find the Google Play Store on Android-powered Philips smart TVs, the Roku Channel Store on the Roku-powered Store, and the VEWD App Store on the Vewd-powered OS.
Recommended : 3 Ways to Update Vizio Smart TV Apps [Step by Step]
How to update apps on Android Philips Smart TV?
If you have a Philips smart TV powered by Android, we can update apps to fix various bugs in it. Here’s how to update apps.
- The first thing to do is go home using your remote.
- Now you go to the dashboard
- You go to the Google Play Store and select the app you want to update and go to it. It is shown as an update. Click it to update. You can also enable automatic app updates in the Google Play Store.
Recommended: 2 Ways to Cast Safari Browser to Chromecast
Updating apps can eliminate bugs in apps.
Reset my Android Philips TV to factory settings
You only need to reset your Philips smart TV if you want to sell it or if something goes wrong with it. But you do not need to reset the TV often.
- The first thing to do is go home Screen using your remote.
- Now you have to go to Settings by clicking on the Setting icon in the top right corner.
- Now you will see various settings in the left-hand menu of Settings. Go to its factory settings. You can see this under the default settings. Now you can see the reset option on the TV.
- Go back to Settings and click OK. Then the TV is reset.
Recommended: 2 Ways to Use Facebook on Roku Device
Where is the Play store on Philips smart TV?
The Android operating system is installed on the TV. Additional apps may be downloaded via the Google Play Store, which is available when a Google account has been linked to the TV. The Google Play Store can be found under the TV’s Home menu. Use the arrow keys on the remote control to browse through the apps by categories in the Google Play Store, or use the search tool to quickly identify a specific app.
Is my Philips TV Android?
One of the simplest methods to see if you have this Android TV Home Screen on your TV is to look at it.
If you get a Home Screen similar to this one after pressing the HOME button on your TV remote (this is commonly represented by a ‘home’ image, or might just state “HOME”), your TV is an Android TV. Your Android TV Home Screen may include various apps and content, but the structure should be quite similar.
If your Home Screen doesn’t look anything like that, or if your TV remote doesn’t have a HOME button, your TV isn’t an Android TV.
How do I download Disney Plus to my Philips Smart TV?
Method #1: Connect your old Philips TV to a third-party streaming device. Using the Chromecast with an older Philips TV
Most TVs have built-in Chromecast, or you may buy a separate Chromecast and put it into your TV.
The Chromecast is a gadget that allows you to stream music, movies, and TV shows directly to your television from your phone, tablet, or computer.
To view Disney Plus on earlier Philips TV models, use third-party streaming devices such as an Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and so on.
Additionally, in order to access streaming material, you must have a Disney Plus account. The DisneyPlus website makes it simple to register a Disney Plus account. It’s simpler to use a computer or laptop than it is to touch buttons while watching TV.
- If you use Google Chrome, you may access the Disney + website directly from your browser or download the Disney + app from the Google Play Store (Android).
- Open the Disney + app on your Philips TV and switch to Chromecast (HDMI input).
- Click the “Broadcast” option in your Disney Plus app to choose your Philips TV from the list of devices available.
After that, you may use Chromecast to cast the Disney Plus app on your Philips TV.
Note that the preceding instructions work with iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
Method #2: Mirror Your PC, Android Smartphone, or Tablet to an Older Philips Smart TV
You can screen mirror an older Philips TV model using a computer or mobile device. Screen Mirror is free software from the Google Play Store that allows you to mirror your phone on your Philips TV. The app makes it simple to link both devices.
How do I update my Philips Smart TV?
To update your Philips gadget, follow these simple instructions:
- Make sure your Philips Smart TV is turned on and connected to the Internet. Allowing the item to turn on for five minutes is sometimes recommended.
- Go to “Home” on your remote control and choose Settings using the OK option.
- Select “Update immediately” from the drop-down menu and click OK.
If your device is linked to the Internet, it will check for updates on the Philips server. Follow the on-screen instructions.
The TV will automatically switch off and on when the update is completed. Wait for the TV to come back on. During this time, please do not use the remote control to change the channel on your television.
How do I install Hulu on my Philips Smart TV?
Android technology is used in Philips Smart TVs. As a result, their operating system is based on Google. All of Google’s apps are available, including Play Movies, Play Music, Chrome, Play Store, Maps, and more. However, there are certain limits. As a result, the Play Store would only have a restricted selection of apps.
There is currently no Hulu app available for Philips TVs. If you look for the Hulu app on your Philips TV on the Play Store, you will come up empty-handed. Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, and Netflix are among the streaming applications accessible on Philips Smart TV.
The official Hulu app, on the other hand, has yet to be released. However, there is no need to be concerned because the Philips Smart TV includes a cast capability. Using the casting feature, you may cast the Hulu app from your smartphone or any other device.
How to Use the Hulu App on TV?
In no time, you’ll be able to cast the Hulu app to your Smart TV using the methods below.
Join the same wireless network as the device.
The first step is to ensure that your device (tablet or smartphone) and the Philips Smart TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Open the Hulu app on your phone or tablet.
The next step is to launch the Hulu app on your smartphone. The casting capability is available on both Android and iOS smartphones.
Choose what you’d like to see.
*Choose the TV show or movie you wish to watch.
Choose the Cast Icon.
To cast whatever, you want to watch on your Philips Smart TV, simply tap on the Cast icon. The gadget will now begin looking for a nearby casting device. Once the Philips Smart TV has been discovered, choose it. Voila! Hulu’s shows and movies are now available to view.
Why Netflix does not work on my Philips Smart TV?
Another reason Netflix may not be functioning on your Samsung Smart TV is that Netflix has been restricted by the network administrator. After all, it’s a regular service for parents to turn off. Check with the administrator of your Wi-Fi router to discover whether this is the case.
How to Turn on TCL Roku TV without Remote
How to Sideload Apps on Hisense Smart TV
4 Ways to Watch MAVTV on Firestick